Sunday, March 18, 2012

Flight Maps

One specific thing that really stuck out to me and that I really could relate to was the chapter about greening screen. I really could relate to the fact that many of the things that show up on the TV screen portray false ideas and illustrations of animals and their habitats, what they eat and how they live. I very much get irritated when there are animal cartoons out there with animals having humanistic characteristics. Yet at the same time I understand that it's focus are children and that they need to be entertained. But I never understood why cartoons had to use animals to do the job.

Price mentions that TV nature is not real nature. And I thought about that for awhile, like where she stood and whether or not it was something I could agree upon.

If it's about cartoon and how nature is portrayed through that, then yes. I would agree that its not real and does not uphold the true identity of what nature is. Yet if she means that the Nature and shows like National Geographics aren't real, it's arguable from my perspective. I say this because most of the nature shows have real animals caught in action, and yet some other nature shows narrate what they want the animal to be seen or percieved as doing. Therefore it would not show the "real" animals in the wild.

No comments: